The Cheyenne Police Department has compiled the numbers for domestic violence incidents for 2019.
Total Cases Reviewed: 292
- Felonies: 65 (22% of total cases); Misdemeanors: 227 (78% of total cases)
- Arrested: 161 (55% of total cases)
- PC Affidavit: 64 (22% of total cases)
- Total with Criminal Charges: 225 (77% of total cases)
- Strangulations: 43 (15% of total cases)
- Repeat Domestic Violence Suspects: 112
- Assigned to Detectives for Follow-up: 32 (11% of total cases)
- Male Offenders: 238 (82% of cases)
- Female Offenders: 54 (18% of cases)
- Male Victims: 74 (25% of cases)
- Female Victims: 219 (75% of cases)
To further assist in reducing domestic violence, The Cheyenne Police Department has also requested funding through the Community Advocacy Response Initiative (CARI) grant for a full-time domestic violence Detective. The department has also implemented further domestic violence training to its officers. One of the department’s goals for 2019 was to increase domestic violence prosecutions by 10% and cases are still being processed through the District Attorney’s Office so a final number is not yet available.