The Zonta Club of Cheyenne has announced the opening of applications for two different programs.
ZONTA CLUB OF CHEYENNE SEEKING APPLICANTS FOR $1,500 YOUNG WOMEN IN PUBLIC AFFAIRS AWARD
Applications for the 2021 Young Women in Public Affairs (YWPA) Award are now available from the Zonta Club of Cheyenne through its website www.cheyennezonta.org. Deadline is March 15, 2021.
The goal of the Young Women in Public Affairs (YWPA) Award Program is to encourage young women to participate in public affairs by recognizing a young woman’s commitment to the volunteer sector, evidence of volunteer leadership achievements and a dedication to the empowerment of women. The recipient of the club’s award will be awarded $1,500. Their application will then be sent to Zonta District 12 and to be reviewed for another possible $2,000 reward, and the district recipient will then be eligible for a $5,000 international reward. One application could possibly lead to $8,500 in rewards.
Applicants are asked to reflect on their voluntary commitment to their school and to their community and the problems limiting the empowerment of women in their own country and worldwide. The Zonta International Young Women in Public Affairs Award Program looks to the young women of today to be the leaders of tomorrow.
Applicants aged 16-19 on April 1, 2021, living in a Zonta district/region, or who are citizens of a Zonta country at the time of application are eligible to apply. Classified members and employees of Zonta International and Zonta International Foundation, and their family members, are not eligible to apply for the Awards.
“Young women in our communities who have developed a commitment to volunteerism and public service should be recognized and encouraged in their endeavors, “stated Kathy Cathcart, long-time member of the Zonta Club of Cheyenne. “This award provides us an opportunity to reward one young woman for her voluntary betterment of our community and the world, while encouraging her to pursue development of her leadership skills and activities.”
The application for the YWPA award along with instructions for submission may be found on the Zonta of Cheyenne website at www.cheyennezonta.org. The deadline for applications to be received is March 15, 2021. The local award recipient will be selected no later than April 1, 2021.
ZONTA CLUB OF CHEYENNE SEEKING APPLICANTS FOR $1,000
Applications for the 2021 Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarship are now available from the Zonta Club of Cheyenne through its website www.cheyennezonta.org. Deadline is August 1, 2021.
The Club offers this $1,000 scholarship to a woman of any age, pursuing an accredited business or business-related program, who demonstrates outstanding potential in the field. Zonta International offers up to 32 scholarships of- $2,500 each at the district/region level and six international scholarships in the amount of $8,000 each. There is a potential of $11,500 in awards with just one application!
Women of any age, pursuing a business degree or closely related program, who demonstrate outstanding potential in the field, are eligible to apply. Applicants must also:
1. Have graduated from a Laramie County high school or have obtained a GED while residing in Laramie County or be a current resident of Laramie County. (If Not: Find a Club in Your Area at foundation.zonta.org/JMKScholarship and apply for their scholarship!)
2. Be undertaking a business and/or business-related program at an accredited university/college/institute.
3. Be enrolled in at least the second year of an undergraduate program through the final year of a Master's program at the time the application is submitted to the local Zonta club or district.
4. Still be attending school at the time the scholarship funds are disbursed to receive this scholarship.
5. Submit the Zonta International verification of current enrollment form with application materials. Acceptance letters are not verification of enrollment and will not be accepted.
6. Have achieved an outstanding academic record during her academic studies, including business subjects.
7. Have demonstrated initiative, ambition, and commitment to pursuing a career in business
The application for the $1,000 award along with instructions for submission may be found on the Zonta of Cheyenne website at www.cheyennezonta.org. The deadline for applications with all accompanying documents to be received is August 1, 2021. The local award recipient will be selected no later than August 15, 2021.