Union Pacific Railroad’s Community Ties Giving Program awarded $116,000 in Wyoming grants, and $10.2 million in grants to more than 930 nonprofit organizations across its 23-state system. Grants are traditionally awarded in the company’s three philanthropic priority areas: safety, workforce development and community spaces; however, nearly $7 million in 2020 grants went to address needs related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Due to the unprecedented circumstances and anticipated community need, an additional $5 million in funding was added to the local grants program in 2020, bringing the total to $10.2 million. In an effort to expedite funding and address immediate needs, COVID-19 Relief Grants were awarded in waves with approximately 620 organizations receiving support. COVID-19 Relief Grants were used to address critical community needs associated with the pandemic, including general operating support.
“Every community was impacted by the pandemic in its own way, and the COVID-19 Relief Grants allowed nonprofit organizations to provide customized, essential services and, in some cases, keep the lights on,” said Scott Moore, senior vice president and chief administrative officer, and Union Pacific Foundation President. “At the same time, it’s important for us to continue supporting organizations that ensure the communities where our employees live and work remain safe and vibrant, while providing opportunities for family-supporting jobs.” Local grants provide funding ranging from $2,500 to $25,000 to local organizations across Union Pacific's system.
Recipients are selected through an open, competitive applications process. To learn more about Union Pacific’s Community Ties Giving Program or apply for local grants, visit up.com/communityties.
2020 Grants Wyoming:
- $116,000 Casper Central Wyoming Rescue Mission
- Cheyenne Cheyenne Depot Museum Inc.
- Cheyenne Cheyenne Symphony Orchestra
- Cheyenne Wyoming State Museum Volunteers Inc.
- Cheyenne Family YMCA
- Cheyenne Magic City Enterprises Inc.
- Cheyenne Safe Harbor, A Children’s Justice Center
- Cheyenne United Way of Laramie County
- Cheyenne Laramie County Fire District 2
- Cheyenne Boys & Girls Club of Cheyenne Wyoming Inc.
- Evanston Young Musicians Inc.
- Evansville Food Bank of the Rockies
- Gillette Edible Prairie Project
- Laramie Albany County Public Library Foundation
- Laramie Ark Regional Services
- Laramie Build Mothers Build the World
- Rock Springs Volunteer Information & Referral Service
- Rock Springs Climb
- Sheridan Volunteers of America Northern Rockies.