Happy New Year, and Happy New Decade! The roaring 20’s are back!
We have a lot to celebrate for the past year, and much to look forward to in the coming new year. Thank you to everyone in the community who has supported the launch of this news outlet. We are still new and still fragile, and we have overcome some pretty interesting obstacles.
Our top challenge has been finding two people to fill two key roles – an editor and an advertising account executive. (Both positions remain open). Overall, we believe the road ahead is clear and the future looks very bright. Without you and your support, we would not be here. Thank you.
This issue of The Cheyenne Post is the 26th consecutive weekly issue since we launched this past summer. That’s six-months of continuous publication in print – and our 30th week online (we launched online a month before the print edition). That’s remarkable success that we owe to you and your support.
Since launching, every week we have gained readers and advertisers, and we are very grateful for that support. Every copy of every paper that is read helps move this enterprise forward.
And so, I’d like to start the New Year off with this expression of our gratitude and appreciation to the community. It has all helped in big and small ways. A special thank you goes to these folks who have had a significant impact on our success:
- Every single subscriber and online reader (and our first paid subscriber, Joe Mavilia).
- Astrid, the owner of The Historic Plains Hotel.
- The Greater Cheyenne Chamber of Commerce staff and leadership, especially Mary Jo Strickland and Alex Farkas.
- Our friend, former newspaper publisher, and our advertising rock star Leslie Belfor.
- Seth Eaker, who passed away on December 18, without whom the early online launch and first four printed issues would not have happened and beautifully as they did.
- All of our advertisers, especially our charter advertisers, including The Plains Hotel, Banner Capital Bank, Tyrrell Chevrolet Honda, Halladay Nissan Subaru GMC Buick Cadillac, Schrader Funeral Home, Artizen Photo Printing, Elite Cleaners, Mid-Mod, Mary’s Mountain Cookies, The Emporium, Just Dandy, Great West Auto, H. Michael Bennett, Downtown Mercantile, TD/Wyo Real Estate, City of Cheyenne, Downtown Development Authority DDA, Healthworks, Peak Wellness, High Country Harley Davidson, Black Hills Energy, The T.R.I.B.E Tattoo, and all of our advertisers big and small.
- Content contributors, especially Dave Lerner, Alex Farkas at Shortgo/Chamber of Commerce, and the public information representatives for Cheyenne Frontier Days (Gary Schoene), City of Cheyenne (Kevin Malatesta, Michael Skinner), Office of Governor Gordon (Michael Pearlman), Laramie County Sherriff Danny Glick’s office, Warren AFB, and so many of you who submit news, content, photos, and stories.
- The commercial printing team at APG of the Rockies / The Wyoming Tribune Eagle for outstanding printing services.
Thank you all. We are wishing you all a very happy and prosperous New Year, and new decade!